The right way to View, Edit, and Take away Location and Different EXIF Information From Your Pictures
Exchangeable Picture Format, often known as EXIF, is a set of information that’s connected to each picture you are taking. Most cameras and smartphones lately add fundamental parameters such because the mode during which the photograph was taken, the shutter pace, ISO, aperture information, and typically even the situation of the . This presents a peculiar downside — whenever you click on an image of a lovely chicken perched on the windowsill in your own home, your digicam robotically provides the situation of the image, which might reveal your own home tackle whenever you share it with others on-line. Most social networks corresponding to Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter take away all of this information from pictures whenever you add them. Nonetheless, when your photograph is shared through e mail or cloud storage companies corresponding to Google Drive or Dropbox, this information remains to be current on footage. To guard your privateness, it’s greatest to take away EXIF information from photographs. Right here’s how you are able to do it.
The right way to view, edit, and take away EXIF Information together with location on Android
Comply with these steps to view EXIF information in your Android smartphone.
- Open Google Pictures on the telephone – install it if wanted.
- Open any photograph and faucet the i icon.
- It will present you all of the EXIF information you want.
To take away EXIF information out of your pictures, you’ll want a third-party app corresponding to EXIF Eraser. When you’ve put in the app, observe these steps.
- Open EXIF Eraser.
- Faucet Choose Picture and Take away EXIF.
- Choose the picture out of your library. The app will present you all of its EXIF information and let you know that it’ll take away it. Faucet Okay.
We tried a number of apps that allow you to edit EXIF information and supply granular management on the EXIF information you may take away, however none of them labored flawlessly for us.
If for some motive, you don’t need location information saved along with your photographs not too tough to stop your Android telephone from doing that. Comply with these steps to cease your Android telephone from saving location along with your pictures:
- Open the digicam app in your Android gadget and go to Settings by tapping the Gear icon. This varies from telephone to telephone as there’s no commonplace digicam app on all Android gadgets.
- After that flip off Retailer location information to stop geotagging of pictures. This selection might have a barely completely different wording however it’s there in just about each Android telephone’s digicam app.
The right way to view, edit, and take away EXIF Information together with location on Home windows
Windows has an excellent native metadata editor that allows you to rapidly view or take away EXIF information from photographs. Right here’s what it’s good to do.
- Go to the folder the place your picture is situated.
- Proper-click the picture > click on Properties.
- Click on the Particulars tab.
- Click on Take away Properties and Private Data.
- Then you may click on Create a replica with all potential properties eliminated for a replica of the photograph with EXIF information stripped.
- Alternatively you may edit metadata by clicking Take away the next properties from this file.
- When you’re accomplished, click on OK.
For bulk removing of EXIF information, you will have a third-party app corresponding to IrfanView. Comply with these steps to get the job accomplished.
- Obtain IrfanView after which obtain all IrfanView plugins. Set up each.
- Open IrfanView and press B on the keyboard. It will open the batch conversion menu in IrfanView.
- On the fitting hand facet, choose all the photographs you wish to course of after which click on the Add button under.
- On the left facet, click on Choices and uncheck the next three choices Maintain unique EXIF information, Maintain unique IPTC information and Maintain unique JPG-Remark.
- Click on Begin Batch after choosing the listing you need the output information in. Now all of your pictures can have been stripped of EXIF information.
The right way to view and edit EXIF Information together with location on macOS
On macOS, the Pictures app does greater than what it does on iOS. The app allows you to view EXIF information and take away location information out of your photographs. It doesn’t allow you to edit or take away all parameters of EXIF information nevertheless. Comply with these steps to view EXIF information on Pictures for macOS and to take away location information too.
- Open Pictures for macOS.
- Open the picture you wish to edit.
- Faucet the i button on the top-right. Right here you may view EXIF information within the photograph and add an outline and key phrases if you want.
- You possibly can take away location information from a photograph by clicking Picture within the prime bar after which clicking Location > Cover Location.
- It’s also possible to edit the date and time on the photograph by clicking Picture > Modify date and time. Change the time and date after which click on Modify.
To take away EXIF information completely, you’re going to need to depend on a third-party app corresponding to ImageOptim. Right here’s how.
- Obtain ImageOptim.
- Click on the + icon and choose the photographs you wish to strip EXIF information from. You possibly can choose a number of photographs too.
- The app will robotically take away EXIF information from the picture.
For better management over this course of, click on the Gear icon and undergo the choices. These allow you to resolve whether or not you wish to scale back file measurement loads at the price of picture high quality or in the event you merely wish to take away metadata with out shedding picture high quality.
The right way to view and edit EXIF Information together with location on iPhone and iPad
On iOS surprisingly sufficient you may’t see a lot when it comes to EXIF information through the Pictures app. For granular management on viewing and eradicating EXIF information on pictures from iPhone and iPad, it’s good to obtain a free app corresponding to Metadata Remover or Photo Investigator (each free with in-app purchases). These apps allow you to edit and take away the EXIF information from pictures, however enhancing EXIF information would require you to pay Rs. 249 to unlock the app’s premium options. In Photograph Investigator, observe these steps:
- Faucet the gallery icon on the bottom-left.
- Choose the image you wish to edit EXIF information for.
- To view EXIF information, you may faucet the assorted icons under the picture.
- To edit or take away EXIF information (after you pay for the app), faucet Metadata.
- Now choose Take away or Edit.
You possibly can obtain related outcomes from another apps that supply this characteristic too, we simply occurred to make use of these two and located them to work.
In case you are privateness acutely aware, you may wish to disable including location information to your pictures. Bear in mind that disabling geotagging of pictures will consequence within the “Locations” album being empty and we’ve discovered that album as a great way to seek for outdated pictures. Right here’s disable geotagging on iPhone and iPad.
- Go to Settings > Privateness > Location Providers > Digicam.
- Faucet By no means.
We weren’t capable of finding any apps that reliably take away EXIF information in bulk on Android and iOS. Do you utilize any apps to bulk take away EXIF information on smartphones? Which apps do you utilize to view, edit, and take away EXIF information out of your pictures? Tell us through the feedback. For extra tutorials, go to our How To section.